View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Read T
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z BC 6M
Read T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond repute

Sent to Nissan North America:

RE: Consumer Affairs 159-527-67 Hello, I was recently at my Nissan Dealership (and have only good things to say about them regarding this). I was instructed to contact Nissan NA but I did want to open this dialogue through email. This is regarding the failure of the clutch pedal bracket on my 2011 Z. The mounting ear where the clutch helper spring attaches to the pedal sheared off while I was driving. This caused the pedal to become very firm, and the engagement window extremely narrow causing the vehicle to become difficult to drive. It also resulted in multiple parts falling behind the brake pedal while driving. I was informed that Nissan has a limited warranty on the clutch system (I understand this as the clutch may wear quickly during abusive driving), but this seems unrelated to metal parts shearing off while driving - posing a safety risk. There have been no similar cases related to this on the 370Z to my knowledge of that of my dealer. The Slave cylinder is known to fail on this particular model, but this is unrelated. The service manager at the dealership Gina and the technician (I believe his name was Joe?) were very helpful and I thank them. However, the fact remains that my car is still broken and my confidence in Nissan's build quality is seriously in jeopardy. I would like to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible so that I can go back to enjoying my Nissan. I also feel that this is a safety issue and should be repaired by Nissan. I do have have pictures of the broken assembly that I can supply. Thank you for your time *contact info withheld*