View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #62 (permalink)
carlitos_370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z SP M6
carlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Would you guys describe the issue as in the throttles refusing to open up or opening slowly but not at maximum even with the pedal to the floor? My engine doesn't scream in 2nd on up under 40 mph. However I notice if I floor it in 1st throttle seems to open up more in the later gears.

There was this one time I had trouble opening up the throttle. Then I heard a clunk and the engine and power surged while the pedal was nearly floored.

With my turbos it's harder to get it to spool up. When it does make some boost it feels like something is holding back power.
Damn bro sorry to hear about your issue... Well when I notice the problem on my Z, to accelerate the car from 0-50mph its a PITA the car literally do not run... 0 check engine lights... anyway on my case the mechanic change one of the MAF sensors and the problem still coming... the last things that they do was cleaning the throttles bodys and re-calibrate them... after they do that the car runs like new... if you car is having this same issue maybe that the way to fixed.... If not maybe try this one if you not already do it...

Considering that your Z have a TT kit installed check this things.... First of all i will do a boost leak test, check if the blow off valve its not open at idle, check the adjustment of all the clamps to see if one is not loosen.

I tell you this things cause my last car before the Z was an Sti... i have experience that after and my problem was the blow valve... I install a Tial Q blow off valve on my Sti and when the car was on idle the blow off valve a little bit open... i decide to change the blow off valve and the problem go... I hope this are not your issue but i recommend you that make the boost leak test first.

Let us know ok
carlitos_370z is offline   Reply With Quote