View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Limeybastard
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 370Z Sport.
Limeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the compliments guys and girls. I was not sure about this mod and perhaps still not. All my cars since 2006 have had their fogs tinted yellow. I was hesitant to do this mod even though I had a roll of film from a couple of years ago.

As Jays370z mentioned damaging the light assemblies played on my mind a little. I am unsure how hot these DRL's get but I dont think ( and I could be wrong ) they get hotter than say H7 or other type of incandecent bulbs for fogs would? Then again I never drove with my fogs on all the time either.

If you take a closer look at the close up image of the right assembly pictured above you will notice what would appear to be some white condensation forming on the bottom area corner of the DRL. Both sides were like this after I went for a drive, yet they were not like this after application. I checked them a few moments ago and that white ish stuff aint there now. I initially thought it were perhaps a large air bubble but it was not.

Ideally I would like to mod the lights so that they are off when the light stalk is in the off position and come on when the light stalk is set to parking light onwards position.
Limeybastard is offline   Reply With Quote