View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bummer
Premium Member

Drives: 13 370Z RTS SR M6
Bummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond repute

If I use a towel on the top I blot, never rub.

I usually take it straight to the Interstate, which is just a couple of blocks away, and do a couple of miles at prevailing speed (70-75), which knocks the water off the paint and dries the top. I then use Meguiars detailing spray on the paint. Other than that I only touch the paint with a microfiber towel when I use a spray cleaner for motorcycles to get the occasional bird dropping off, and that's just on the spot.

I double wax the paint twice a year - Meguiars.

I treat the top with 303 fabric waterproofing twice a year - I use a paint brush rather than spraying it on. Takes more, works better, no overspray. I go over the top twice each time.

So far this has worked well for me.

Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote