Thread: removable sub
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
ConchZ2
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z red 6sp sprt
ConchZ2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaudio64 View Post
Two things that correlate to the subject at hand. Big, you know your stuff and you are correct about the ported subs not being as solid and tight as a sealed sub. Even with a custom built box you are still going to have that boomy sensation from the air exiting the port. Now saying this you will be able to go lower in the frequency range as you mentioned. For people into rap they do not much care for how good the bass is as long as it is loud. Which is fine. Also in a small car like the Z a ported box would be the last thing I install in one.

Second thing Conch you need to get off your high horse and realize that you are not gaining any respect nor the attention you are trying to get. Pioneer has some good products but as time and people have told. That is not the case anymore. I have been in the business for 15 years and I have seen the best of pioneer and now the worst. Leave big alone and stop crapping up everyone's threads.

Ported boxes use a vent (called a port) to reinforce low bass response. You get more output than you would from a sealed box at any given amplifier wattage. Some people prefer the sound of ported boxes for rock, heavy metal, or any hard-driving music.
ConchZ2 is offline   Reply With Quote