View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #60 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

oh, nah i just didnt mention the recalibration/relearns because it's assumed that the 3 relearns (gas pedal rest position, throttle body closed position and idle air volume) must be performed successfully if the gas pedal, throttle bodies or even the intakes are disconnected/replaced/renewed.

i took a big risk by disconnecting both throttle bodies from the harness AND manually opening the flap and jamming it open with a broom handle while i cleaned the carbon. luckily i didnt suffer the same fate as a lot of G37 owners where they were unable to successfully perform the idle air volume relearn procedure. my idle was high and fluctuating immediately after i reconnected everything (this was before i did the relearns, because the gas pedal & throttle body relearns can only be done on a cold engine with coolant temp below 25*c). the car still drove reasonably, SRM worked etc. The only thing wrong was the high idle.

Your mechanic's theory sounds logical. i think someone here also mentioned something similar, like both throttle bodies must be in perfect sync. I assume they mean the output voltage of the throttle position sensors must be identical. I have datalogged my TPS and they are within 0.02v of each other. I never noticed anything different in the logs leading up to a limpy lag episode so thats why i ruled out throttle bodies until now. I know on the R35 they can do a power balance procedure which basically syncs both banks, not sure if this is available in Consult3 for Z34.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote