View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper 104 View Post
Thanks Junkman
I saw your You Tube video on your comparison between one of the more expensive MBs vs. an inexpensive leaf blower. Nice....kinda caught the two of us watching it by surprise.

What I didn't mention previously is I have a mitt full of points from a Harley credit card for use at a HD dealer. I was originally going to flog them to someone at work cheap since I no longer have any Harleys. HD carries the MB Side Kick and I won't have to add any $$$ to my coupons to get one. I want ONLY this MB model since I don't want to have to drag anything larger around (including a leaf blower)
I'm really looking to find out if this MB is powerful enough to do the job.
I did see on You Tube that there were any number of people, Detailing guys included, that use the Side Kick, so I figure that counts for something.
I wouldn't be using it full time like a pro would so as long as the air volume is adequate to do the job I figure I'm good to go.

Thanks

Here's the deal. On a BIKE, that thing is fine. That's why they sell them at your Harley dealer. On a car, that thing is overpriced and not worth the money. If you have a choice between losing your money or buying that thing then go ahead and get it but I wouldn't waste my time with it. I've used one so I speak from an opinion of EXPERIENCE and not just my opinion. As it is, it takes the Master Blaster and a leaf blower a minute to get ALL the water out of your car's cracks and crevices. You'll be blowing for a while with that thing. Forget about drying the entire car with it, you may as well use a towel.