View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niche79 View Post
I appreciate the advice. I am not worried about flying around town, I have 3 cars for that but I have always been somewhat interested in owning a "sport" bike for the feel and I like the looks. Im in my 30's now so im not looking to be an idiot on the street by any means. I have been looking hard at the Ninja 300 and Honda 300 or a used one of those, although they tend to be only a grand or so cheaper than a new one! I definitely would be buying proper safety gear right away. I don't want to go down and know Id rather save my body than just be stupid. I know with the road course you have to have gloves already and they provide the bike and helmet but you have to have jeans on and ankle coverage for shoes. I will keep everyone informed. I have been watching loads of youtube reviews and vlogs etc.
Good Deal mate.
Riding is fun. It's a whole new level of motor enjoyment. Driving an automatic transmission car can be fun given you have a nice car. Driving the same car with a manual transmission really changes the driving dynamics and feel. You get to rev the engine to a desired rpm, shift the gears, feel the clutch engage and disengage, feather the gas, shift during (or before the turn depending on what your trying to do), ect. Well on a bike, it's magnified 10x. You do all of those exact same things as a manual car except it happens faster, feel the wind, more power, the steering dynamics is wacked (counter turning when going fast to turn yet you turn into the turn while going slow), body positioning, weight pegs, and many more. You just become more involved when riding.

Ohh I forgot to add that you should invest in a decent set of marshmellow headphones or ear plugs. The headphones are nice because you can listen to music, take calls and block some of the wind noise during longer rides. Don't crank it all the way up though. That will beat the purpose of reducing the wind noise. If your not a music guy, a simple set of ear plugs help with the noise as it can get loud on long rides.

It's getting colder so if you get caught riding and it's colder than what you gears up for, stuff a magazine, newspaper or whatever in your jacket. It helps a lot. I have even stuffed a mag and a few burgers to keep me warm. Yes, it sounds crazy buy it helped.
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote