View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown32 View Post
How are the winters in your state?
Generally, light on snow, heavy on ice (freezing rain, to be exact) - it happens a couple times a season, where you go to leave work or go to work, and you have over 2" of ice built up over your windshield wipers, and a 1/4" layer of ice around your door. We had an ice storm a few years ago where most of the state of Oklahoma lost power for about a week. Some got lucky and were out only 3 days, others were upwards of 3-4 weeks. Imagine *everything* being out of commission...how quickly what you take for granted is no longer available...like "heat" and "fuel" and "food" and "basic communications"...to be honest, I'm surprised there wasn't a ****-ton of crime going on. I did find it interesting the amount of fallen tree debris that was piled up around town - 2-3 acre area piled up 15+ feet high...and several dozen of them around Tulsa...100 year storm...

They don't treat the roads much where I live, though in Tulsa they make an attempt.

Not like Michigan. Heavy on snow, light on ice, and they have packs of trucks and TONS of sand/salt mix. Roads are cleared pretty quickly, they have snow routes when it's really bad, and cars don't last long up there...lol.

Last edited by kannibul; 11-29-2009 at 04:57 PM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote