View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

There are three dealers in Austin. I talked to all three. Same basic story - we don't have to cover it but we will under "good will" if you spend a lot of money with us. I don't, so they won't.

The service guys are idiots for the most part. I can talk circles around them when it comes to discussing these these type of things because I've done all my homework before I have the conversation. First, the axle isn't being replaced - they claim that regreasing is a maintenance item (no answer given when I asked why it's not listed as a maintenance item in the MA section of the FSM). Second, the powertrain warranty doesn't include a lot of things. You'd think it would include the rear differential bushing, but no. According to Nissan, the bushing is part of a $900 cross member piece and costs $2500 for parts and labor to replace - I paid someone <$300 to replace just the bushing with an aftermarket polyurethane bushing. Fvck Nissan, seriously.

The guy that did my bushing quoted me $120 to regrease the axles. Less than half what Nissan wanted, and they should be doing it for free

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote