View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

i'd say once a year would be too frequent, maybe every 1.5-2 years if it's a daily. But that depends on how it's driven, oil choice (and whether or not a catch can is used), and heaps of other factors.

i did successfully perform the trifecta of relearns last night but now the throttle response/pedal response seems to have dulled. in gear acceleration isn't as jerky as before but i kinda liked the jerky pokey feeling whenever i tapped the pedal. i'll give it 1.5-2 weeks because that's how long it usually takes before the issue resurfaces after each attempt to resolve it.

so far i've replaced:
- both cam sensors
- gas pedal
- map sensor
- left VVT solenoid
- all VVT cover seals, 3 rings on each VVT cover and the gauze filter on each bank for VVT.

The VVT related parts did resolve the engine's lack of enthusiasm above 4000rpm, and that can still be felt today so i'm happy with that. The rest... i guess was all in vain.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote