View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

The track was actually very well lit - my friend set his dashcam to compensate for it. The track is fully lit with stadium-style lighting every 400 feet or so - it was like being in a baseball stadium at night, if you know what that's like. No issues at all with visibility. The sessions started at 4pm in the afternoon, but there are rotating run groups, so this session began at 8pm.

I actually felt more comfy at night - the car was running much cooler, and the light was consistent. In the late afternoon, the blinding sun was kinda hard to work with. Either way, it was absolutely amazing. I felt no fear with the car, and I had so much more left in it. I just wanted to take it easy and feel it out to be safe on the brakes and on myself. ^^

I have a full set of Carbotech Bobcats I had before, but I took them off due to noise on the street. Was too lazy to put em on for this first day, but I figured since I was in novice class, I wouldn't go balls to the wall for the 4 sessions.

Definitely gotta invest in an oil cooler though, it sure was toasty! I'm pretty excited to go again though. Gonna save up and set the car up good for next time, my assumption is that I'll be let into Novice Solo or Intermediate, and I'll really get to hound the car hard.

Also, to anyone thinking about if it's worth it...even if this one cost me 300 dollars, it would have been worth every penny. It was absolutely awesome to be able to pound on the car around a racetrack and have every sense in your body going wild. Simply awesome.