View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #364 (permalink)
avantgti7
Base Member

Drives: 09-370Z (SOLD)
avantgti7 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys,

Let me add to the saga of stories on this thread. When I left for work yesterday morning, I noticed my car was hesitating/stumbling/misfiring as I accelerated out of my neighborhood. The symptoms were very similar to that of a failing/failed coil-pack. I proceeded to drive the car back home and park it in the garage. Then I took another car to work. When I came home after work to try to diagnose the issue, my car wouldn't start at all. I had AAA tow my car out of my garage to a local dealer that I have been dealing with for a while. This same dealer had performed the famous steering lock recall that many of you have talked about. The symptoms of my car are that it locks and unlocks with the remote (replaced with new battery). When you get in the car and you try to start it, it will not get past the "ACC" mode of ignition. Also, a yellow key shows up on the left of the instrument cluster. The dealership called me back today and said they think its the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module). It is going to cost me a little under $1,200 to fix! The car is a 2009 with 51K so it is out of warranty. After doing some research on the internet, it seems like the steering lock and the IPDM has failed on many Nissan models including the 370Z for the 2007-2009 years. Nissan should honor the replacement of the steering lock and the IPDM as a combined recall. The dealership believes that the misfiring I was experiencing was connected with the failing IPDM. If that is the case, this is also a safety issue. I called Nissan consumer affairs and filed a complaint and I should get a call on Monday. I will let you all know what they say. This 370Z was my dream car. However, in my 4 years of ownership, I have had the following issues: excessive oil consumption resulting in a short block replacement and then a long block when that didn't work, sticking clutch pedal, and now this IPDM issue. The dream has turned into a nightmare and I am starting to look into a replacement vehicle. Anyhow, I am looking for some kind of resolution from Nissan or else I am going to the BBB.
avantgti7 is offline   Reply With Quote