View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default How To Get The Most Out Of This Site

Do your homework before asking questions. Many questions can be answered by reading the Owner's Manual. If you don't have a printed OM, you can download a PDF from this site. For more technical questions, consult the Factory Service Manual (FSM). See link in my sig for OM/FSM downloads.
Edit 2014-10-15: If you plan on doing any troubleshooting or maintenance beyond putting air in the tires, the FSM (free!) and an OBD scanner (as cheap as $20 online) are must-have resources. With that combo, you can do most of the troubleshooting yourself (the car will do most of the work ). Then you can ask really good questions.

Do a search before asking questions. There's a real good chance that someone has already asked. This site's search function sux, IMNSHO, so I use Google and add "site:the370z.com" to my search string. This limits the search to the site specified and works with most web search engines. See One-click site search (pre-defined Google searches for this site) for some links to Google searches on common topics.

When asking for help with a problem, give as many details as possible. Not only will it help others troubleshoot your problem, it will give them an idea of your level of expertise so they can tailor their responses appropriately.

Contribute. If someone asks a question and you know the answer, share your knowledge. That's what this site is all about.

Keep non-technical and off topic responses out of the technical threads. Use the social sections for that.

Go Premium and help keep this site online. Not only does that make you One-Of-The-Good-Guys, you get some The370Z decals that add up to 5 extra HP.

Edit 2014-10-11: If you start a new thread, make the title meaningful. "I need help", "My car died", "I have a question", &c are not helpful and many will ignore them. I'm not sure how many characters are allowed for titles but it's at least 60 (probably >100) - make use of as many as you need.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 10-15-2014 at 08:58 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote