View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

For bleeding, there are many DIY that you can google. I've been doing some research on it as well, as I want to bleed mine soon (****haven't done it yet****).

The process is as follows:
1) place car on jack stands and remove wheels (unless you can work through your spokes)
2) remove as much old brake fluid from the reservoir as possible and fill with your new fluid. You will have to top off the reservoir a number of times during your bleeding. Just be sure the reservoir never empties enough to pull in air.
3) Starting as far from the brake fluid reservoir as possible (Passenger rear), remove the rubber nipple on the brake caliper (there are two, you'll do one at a time). Attach the hose from your brake bleeder kit to the nipple. I've read that you should have the bleeder bottle filled with a touch of brake fluid to keep any air from being sucked in the other direction and into your brake system.
3) With the hose on the bleeder nipple, have someone else inside the car. Tell them to 'push down' on the brake pedal. As they push, you gently unscrew the bleeder valve 1/4 to 1/2 turn, just until brake fluid start to come out the bleeder valve. After 1-2 seconds, you close the valve and then tell them to 'lift off'. (or say Up/Down, whatever...just work it out first). You should repeat this process until there is no air coming into the tubing, or your fresh brake fluid starts to come out. You then do this to the second bleeder valve on the same caliper. Make sure the 'helper' knows the pedal will go to the floor, and they should not lift off until you tell them to (meaning you've closed the bleeder valve first).
3) Repeat this process for the driver rear, passenger front and driver front calipers.
4) When you're done bleeding, make sure the reservoir is full of new fluid.
5) You can leave the car on jack stands, start it up, and test the pedal feel at this point. If it feels nice and firm, go ahead and replace your wheels, drop the car down, and go for a very cautious test drive to ensure the brakes are working correctly.

6)let me know how it goes since I haven't done it yet