View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
DCNISMO
Track Member

Drives: Nismo Z
DCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond repute

IMS failure does not seem to affect the 2007 997.1 C4S 3.8 Liter motor. Its got the updated bearing. I would, however, stay away from a 2005-2006 997.1 CS or C though. They do fail and Porsche had a lawsuit against them and lost. I went through Rennlist and Planet 9 forums to do lots of checks. For peace of mind the retrofit bearing does not seem to cost too much either.

I had a modded Nismo Z, and the 911 and the Nismo feel similar but the 911 has a more balanced feel. Once you drive a rear engine car you can understand it better, about what I just said. For the price point the Z does very well against the 911 for sure. For almost the same price I could get a 2015 Nismo and that crossed my mind. But I always wanted one Porsche in my life before I get too old to buy one and enjoy it.

Last edited by DCNISMO; 10-09-2014 at 10:30 AM.
DCNISMO is offline   Reply With Quote