View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #82 (permalink)
tnav
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z Silver 6sp
tnav is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchie View Post
About 5 of my friends. Leased and Owned, with 2 of them supercharge. Almost all of them have been to tracks at least 6x a year, never had any problems.

Now my problem is warranty 60k miles vs 100k miles, 40k miles is A LOT
Owning a BMW is kind of like going to Vegas, you only say something when you win money, when you lose your a-s-s you stay very quiet ... there is absolutely no way that BMWs don't have issues at 60k miles especially with track days, these cars see the shop every other month for something, everything goes wrong with them, computer, electronics, bushings, seals, everything leaks in these cars even the radio (exaggerating) I mean these cars have issues at 5k miles, stupid stuff goes wrong with them, if you sneeze too loud the check light comes on. The people that tell you they don't have issues, simply don't keep up with the maintenance and drive the cars until the doors fall off, and pay no attention to everything the car needs. Try replacing a battery, you can't, that's right, the battery is not only expensive, but you have to program the battery so the car can read it and actually start. BMW and most shops charge $120-150 per hour of labor, so your battery can run you close to $500-600

My most recent BMW had approximately $12k in repairs in a 2.5 year period totaling 7 visits, I sold it only because the warranty was about to expire and they would not extend it since they knew how many issues I had.

Leasing is different story, the car has bumper to bumper warranty, so who cares if the engine blows up every other weekend at the track ... you will see most cars for sale right before or aorund 50k miles
tnav is offline   Reply With Quote