View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
victorofhavoc
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z
victorofhavoc is on a distinguished road
Default Scoring a good deal

So I didn't realize how good of a deal I got until I started perusing this section of the forum. When all was said and done I got my brand new '14 base sport for $27k with 0% financing and a lifetime powertrain warranty.

I'm not sure if maybe my dealership or area was special, but because of the company I work for they gave me the car at invoice, unfortunately it had extra things added on that I didn't want, admin fees, shipping costs, and dealer fees included they drove the price up to 35k.

Well, I had a 2010 wrx with a really problematic clutch, some exterior damage, and some interior damage, and the drivers seat lost all support because of the internal belt/strap system. To top it off it squeaked, rattled, and clicked/popped every time I turned, so rather than try and sell it privately I just traded it in...

After some negotiation and them paying off my 10k lien on the wrx they sold me the Z for $27k. so realistically they gave me 14-15k for my wrx, which I think is more than a 70k car with that many issues can get privately.

Did I get lucky? Maybe...maybe someone else here can answer this, but I think it might have something to do with the high sales tax in this area. I figure they have to price cars a bit lower since sales tax for living in City is 9%, but then again I registered it in Alabama so only paid 2%. If I'm right then for some people who live in a lower tax area it might be a good idea to travel a bit to some higher tax areas and buy the vehicle at a dealer there...