Thread: z or vette
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #276 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
dont forget all the normal traffic infractions that are now felonies there. what 15 mph over is a felony now? it's some BS.

always sucks when going to visit my cousin and family in VA.
Oh God... how could I forget? Yea... 15 over is reckless driving in VA.

The rate is $6 per MHP over, plus an extra $60 processing fee. Cops like to set up traps where the speed limit changes from 45 to 35 for a 1 mile stretch because of area housing or an arching bridge/road. That's an easy $120 ticket for anyone not paying attention (and much more for those going faster).

We also have those traffic cams that take pictures of cars running red lights or make a right turn without coming to a full stop. I think that's a $45 fine (haven't got one of those yet). I understand that running reds is bad, but there's evidence the cameras don't stop accident rates because of it increases the number of rear enders when people slam the breaks to stop on a sudden yellow.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote