View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Are you running the VSR kit?
No. Its all custom and a headache!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
The trick here is allowing the crankcase to vent to atm while at the same time keeping boost out of there. Ideally you want a bit of a vacuum at all times in the crankcase. But when you go boosted this stops happening under WOT as your manifold pressure is no longer below atm. This means that you cannot tap into the intake as you could under NA without some sort of metering system to keep the pressure of the crankcase at or below atm.

What you really need is a vac pump. because under WOT you don't have a vac source. At idle things are fine because of your throttle bodies. WOT in a NA car still has a marginal vacuum in the intake runners just due to the pressure differential between your air filters and the combustion chamber.

Its hard because for every idea that comes up there is a reason why its not going to work.
I probably dont have a complete understanding of a CCE system but it plumbs into your downpipe or header collector for NA. So wouldnt that techinically be vent to atmosphere? This would avoid running it into your intake side and also avoid being fully open and making a mess in the engine bay. I get what youre saying about keeping boost out of there though.

Also found some info on vaccum pumps if that is a more preferred route
Electric vacuum pump - Yellow Bullet Forums

I have this right now but I have not implemented it into my setup yet.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-120108/?rtype=10

Im just spitballing ideas here.
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote