Thread: z or vette
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #271 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Since we're on the topic of costs, I thought I'd just randomly rant something...

Not sure how taxes work for others here, but in my state of Virginia, we have to pay a yearly property tax for cars. The minimum amount is 4% of the car's value (based off KBB) -- some cities add an extra 0.1 to 0.3 for skimming revenue.

There's a relief of sorts which lowers the tax, but it's a complicated calculation based off your income, the car's value, it's gas demand, etc. Needless to say, what I make and the C7 won't get a tax break... so basically I'd pay at least $3000 a year on taxes just owning it.

So that's a major reason why I stay under the $50K line. I could own a GT-R or six figure monster, but I'm literally throwing away money because of the vehicle property tax. I just can't get myself to do that.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote