View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
True. It's all preference. I would rather a factory turbo engine. After being around the Forced Induction crowd, I'm ready to join. To me, the bang for the buck factor is factory FI. Lag is all about the equipment you use and how it's tuned. Factory FI cars have little to no lag and very nice torque curves. The M4, for example, peak torque comes early on around 2k and stays pretty flat throughout the rev band.

And yes, the interior/build quality played into it, but he said it was just the overall driving experience. I asked him specifically about the engine, how it was going from a giant blown v8 to a TT I6, and he said that the only thing he missed about it was the instant low end torque vs the BMW having to spool up a bit. Just his opinion though. I don't own either so I can't comment on it.
bimmer's are tuned that way... i know the 335 peaks around 3k rpm with majority coming in between 2-2.5 range. the car idled in low 1k range. In all honesty I did not notice any 'lag' in the get-go but if shifting around 3k rpm it would feel like a long shift/power response compared to shifting at say 3.5 or 4k...
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote