View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkwang View Post
If you don't mind lifting the clutch half a foot between each shift then that's fortunate for you. Lower engagement is preferred by most people imo and makes it easier to feel for the engagement.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. By "lifting" do you mean letting the pedal come back up on it's own when you push it past the high engagement point? If so, what's the difference between that and having to push the clutch pedal further before engaging the clutch with a lower engagement point? Also, you don't have to push the clutch pedal passed the point of disengagement. A lower engagement point just equals more pedal travel. I'm not sure how it could possibly improve "feel" as you suggest.

With the exception of professional drivers, I can't imagine your foot travel is any different during hard (racing) shifts between a high engagement point and a low engagement point. You're pretty much going to be stomping on the clutch as hard and quickly as possible (all the way to the floor) and then letting off quickly and completely. I have a really low engagement but it is also super short. In a racing application I would adjust the upper switch, too, so that it stops the pedal barely above the engagement range. That way, as soon as I touch the pedal, it is manipulating the clutch. This allows the lower engagement point without the extra pedal travel.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote