View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #114 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Well I ordered some Carillo rods yesterday to join my CP 10:1 I have sitting around, and I located a HR engine (good bye VVEL) in florida that meets my specs for a good price... so far it looks like I will be turning it up a notch with the Z. We will still see though. I figured I should have the parts ready to go, I can still sell them for my cost or higher (surely having things ready to ship is worth a few bucks versus having to wait 4+ weeks for 10:1 CPs) if I bail out.

Still have to figure out a clutch though. I tried to contact RPS about their carbon race clutches but they havent responded. I have to find someone to work with that can build a VQ clutch that can handle some serious power.

I also have to talk to Haltech about what they can do for the 370z... with VVEL gone I can run any standalone, but I would prefer something that works with the CAN.

OH, and I am pulling my Greddy kit over the next couple weeks.. it is for sale! If I keep the car its getting much larger turbos, if I dont keep it, I obviously have no use for the Greddy kit anymore! I am working on getting a fresh set of manifolds for the Greddy kit right now since I am sure by now one of the manifolds is cracked.

Last edited by phunk; 10-07-2014 at 03:38 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote