View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #296 (permalink)
edk370
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z
edk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipz View Post
Well if the new GTR does have a hybrid system and push 700HP, there will be a huge gap between the Z and GTR. they can put something like a v8 in the Z and not worry about encroaching on GTR sales. But i feel that Nissan wants the Z to be more approachable to a wider audience so they wont do something cool or out of the ordinary.
I think the R36 will be hybrid. Nissan, or Japanese manufacturers in general, try to emulate high end European e.g. Porsche 918 (hybrid), the newer Lambos, Ferraris, etc. They're all about touching on the latest and greatest technology; they're forward-thinking i.e. progressive.

Domestic car makers, seem to me, want to perpetuate "nostalgia or tradition" by offering V8s with direct injection and "cylinder shutoff." I guess they find going hybrid "too sissy and green." The V8 rumble is too macho to give up. But with time, as fossil fuels become more scarce and thereby expensive, they too will lean on this technology.
edk370 is offline   Reply With Quote