View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #52 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zrider View Post
From what I've read here, when you install a turbo kit without BOOST CONTROLLER you can only have like 6psi but when you get one installed you may go like 10psi or further… is this right?

No. Boost pressure is based on the wastegate spring you are running. You can have either internal or external wastegates. I'm going to ignore internal because I don't like them, and I'm running external. Your external wastegates are going to come with a bunch of different springs that you can mix and match to get you to the desired boost level. A boost controller allows you to run a set additional amount of boost on top of the wastegate level. As for how much additional you can run it varies depending on if you have a manual or electronic boost control. All the electronic boost controllers I know of limit you to adding 100% of wastegate pressure, so if you have a 6lb spring the max you can run with boost control would be 12lbs. I've never run a manual but I don't believe they have the same restriction.

Last edited by jwick; 10-07-2014 at 01:57 PM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote