View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

you should also replace the oil seal too. i didnt replace mine and it's been a while now, trouble-free. it's a cheap part and you might aswell.

however, i cant speak from experience on the 370Z but if it's like the Corolla seal, either use a proper drift tool or dont go nuts pummelling the new seal in because there is no metal lip on the casing to bottom out the seal on. which means if you go nuts, you'll be pulling the seal back out... or taking the timing chain cover off if you've really done well. i learnt the hard way doing it on my dad's Corolla.

I also reused the bolt. i was unable to get the full 90 degrees additional rotation despite using a powerbar (hand impact tool where you strike the end with a large hammer). I couldnt get the crank to be fully seized/locked so that contributed to the inability and also didnt have access to a hoist + longer breaker bars or ratcheting breaker bar
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote