View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #259 (permalink)
Eclipz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 06 Eclipse GS
Eclipz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk370 View Post
Oh yeah, back on topic. Autoweek stated that sources from Nissan say that the next Z will be an "internationally" marketed car. The Z was a Japan and North American market car, until now. Hence, a 2.0 4-cyl turbo and a 6-cyl hybrid are definitely in the works. The GT-R is Nissan's halo car as the Z steps out of the limelight. Better look at Corvette, Mustang, Camaro if you want raw "throw me back in the seat" torque with 12 sec 1/4's all day long. Or if you can afford it, go the Cayman/991 (3.4) route with 320 hp, mid engine, and high 12s via superior German engineering. The Z will lower its status as a "FR-S, Mustang V6/4-cyl-turbo, Miata" competitor....Nissan has dropped the baton. I will not look forward to the next Z.
Maybe the 4 cylinder version will compete with the frz and miata, but the 6 cylinder version shouldn't aim to compete in a lower category than the Z is in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototyper5 View Post
I'm talking about if Nissan were to build the Z35, I would want Nissan to build their Own Version of a LSX, hence at least a V8, to come in the new Z, me personally am a little over a "big" 6 cyl....but that's just opinion, cheers'

~Reagan
We can only dream for a V8 though lol. It would surely knock my socks off if that happened
Eclipz is offline   Reply With Quote