View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

OMG. Interesting that your airbags went off even though your front end didn't hit anything.

Anyway, three things:

1. I'm glad you're okay.

2. I commend you for not pummeling the other driver's face into the pavement.

3. Even though you say you're okay physically, definitely follow your lawyer's advice and get a thorough exam. My dad got rear ended years ago, and thought he was okay. Then 8 years later, he started developing back problems which have never gone away. When he started having back problems and got an MRI, the doc said to him 'You got into a car accident a while back, didn't you? Sometimes back injuries can take over a decade to manifest themselves.' It's a frightening thought. Here's the thing -- even though it was already 8 years after the accident, the statute of limitations wouldn't have prevented him from suing, because the clock doesn't start ticking on the statute of limitations until you become aware of the injury. But his mistake was that after the accident, he signed something that basically released the other driver's insurance company from any future liability. Like they told him that if he wanted them to pay for his car repairs, he'd have to sign this release on future liability. He didn't have a lawyer, and just agreed to sign it. Don't let this guy's insurance company dupe you into signing something like that the way my dad did. If injuries show up 20 years from now, you want to still be able to go after them.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote