View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #52 (permalink)
kevr6
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_370 View Post
Audi (and others, I believe) have noticed some issues with direct injection. Without fueling going over the valves, nothing is "washing" them. Some of the Audi FSI (direct inj) motors are having valve issue. The build up is likely realed to the PCV, the EPA requires the motors digest the crankcase vapors. So I am not too excited to get a direct inject motor until these issues are resolved....be it valve coatings, secondary injectors in the intake, "scheduled" seafoam treatments....something.

Plan to have scheduled induction services if you want Stratified Injection. Misfires become a way of life with this continents fuel quality!!
(VW/Audi Invention!)