View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkwang View Post

Very randomly over the course of the last 1-1.5 years the clutch has been acting up. When I cold start it, there'd be a lot of play with the clutch pedal. Sometimes I can still put it in gear, sometimes I have to pump away at the clutch for 10 minutes for me to muscle it into gear.
Hydraulic clutch systems on cars are a very simple design. If you are having trouble getting into a gear, either the syncro for that particular gear is worn, or you do not have enough pressure in the hydraulic system for the csc to be able to push in on the pressure plate enough to fully disengage from the disk. Like Chuck33079 mentioned, the CSC is probably on its last leg.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote