View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #240 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Not quite just weight savings...

Yes,they still have cast iron parts in that suspension and they can easily reduce weight by swapping to aluminum There are no carbon fiber parts added on a Genesis Coupe. so that is another option.
Hyundai also needs to learn how to tune ECU's for true sport performance & needs to source beefier transmissions for hard work at the limits.. Genesis coupes are fast but they don't feel like a sports car fast, they feel Altima 3.5SR fast. which is sporty but not sports car sporty. the Genesis Coupe is a good platform but needs a lot of refinement in terms of true sports car nature.
The Z may be "rough and tumble" but it drives like a proper sports car from every aspect. We'll see what the next gencoupe brings.
I agree with everything you said, the 370 is head and shoulders a better sports car than the 3.8. I dont even consider the 3.8 Coupe a Sports car, its a GT, and a fantastic, uber comfortable one at that for an unbelievable price. Something the Z did NOT give me for quite a bit more $.
Firebase99 is offline   Reply With Quote