Thread: Regular oil
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
HEK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 Z Tour Sports 6m
HEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond repute

So according to the agreement w/ the dealer they were suppose to contact me via email a week or so ago to make an appointment for the "regular oil" change.
I received an email from Advance Auto that they were running a special Mobil 1 5qt jug and Mobil 1 filter for $29 and I went for it. did the change myself using the edge of the garage door frame and ramps as my driveway has an incline and it worked wonderfully. I also removed all clips and bolts because from previous experience the factory seems to have a guy with Popeye's arms as these are normally tighter than hell, sure enough this one was too.
I bought a 2013 leftover with 8 miles which means that the oil sat inside the engine for over a year. I should have thought of that and done this sooner because once the new fluid was in I could tell the difference in sound and performance. The reasons I like doing my own changes is that it gets me familiar with the car and I let the oil drain for hours as I do other things, something Jiffy or the dealer wont. try it and mark the pan as the oil starts to drip and you will see that at least a pint of dirty oil will continue to drain. OK kids now I'm thinking of doing a change of the transmission fluid as I did in my TL with GM's Synchromesh and made the shifter feel like medicated cotton...any suggestions before I hit the search button?...thanks a million
HEK is offline   Reply With Quote