Thread: Twin air ducts
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Y'know now that I look at the first picture closer, it looks an awful lot like someone took my RC ducts and slapped them onto the top of the bumper instead of connecting them to the rotors.

Thinking those Varis ducts may be the way to go. Just wish they were a little more cosmetic.

Edit: Also echoing what someone said earlier, I'd love to see the hardware behind the ducts. If they are just bumper holes I'm not going to be super stoked.

For reference, here's what they are supposed to look like:

Yeah, I'm really curious to see if they actually mate up to the OEM inner bumper duct opening. The OEM boxes sort of slide and snap down securely to that opening for air tight seal, complete with some insulation foam.

If they don't seal to that duct opening -- and they very well may not -- it's probably not really worth it, and may even create pressure drops.

It would also be interesting to see a comparison of IAT's with and without the ducts, whether or not they mate perfectly to the inner ducting.