View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #242 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorofhavoc View Post
It was the 91 oct map I was looking at. The torque fell off a lot sooner versus the above which holds torque at an almost constant place in the upper band. Yeah I would love to see a direct comparison of the two kits. I'm sure they would be very similar and very different in a lot of ways. Here's the image I was looking at btw: http://fastintentions.com/images/370z/370zflyer_01.jpg

I just love the fact the BP kit is so DIY friendly...the FI kit looks like pulling the engine for the install would be easier than trying to do it with the engine in the engine bay
DIYing it is the main reason I'm in the boosted club. I was either going to live with NA or move onto another platform until I stumbled across Sasha's kit. Took me a lot of research and time spent on the lift until I was comfortable it would actually fit on a G37 but obviously I pulled the trigger, cuz here I am with the first BP G37.

DIYing a TT kit, although possible, would be a mountain of an undertaking. With the limited space I wouldn't feel completely comfortable I got everything installed properly without pulling the motor. Tony's kit is fantastic and I have nothing bad to say about it but I wasn't in the market for it because I didn't want to pay someone else to install it.

You are always going to have pro's and con's for any FI setup. Some things TT does better and some things Twin Scroll Single does better.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote