View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #208 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
I'm expecting a concept to show up at the Tokyo show.
It would be nice. It would seem the smarter thing to do would be release something under the table but not bring attention it was there design for the Z just a concept and see what people think of it. Look at the new supra for instance its a stunning car but some people dont like the front bumper. But thats not a deterrent factor of buying....

But if the z came out and had a lot of ugly qualities or odd things it would be goood to get the attention now so you can alter design. They probably have less then a handful of desogn guys on this car it woukd be a good idea to not let them determine everything looks wise.

I saw the concept 350z sketches that were out there and then I saw the concept in person at the LA auto show right before it had its last final tweaks to the door handle. Front bumper. Headlights and rear bumper.

I dont remember a ton of people really liking the door handles so they made a change... uglier in my opinion but a change.

Imagine a smart car maker putting 4 sketches on here with a poll and did this on numerous forums and listened to the feedback from consumers... they would no doubt sell more.

Most of us know what looks good. Therr have been some masterpieces put together for 350z and 370z. Even with a couple mild modifications. .. like blacking the headlights housing the car looks better. How about a carbon diffuser setup like the one from carbon signal for the nismo. It looks better

Just my opinion but I believe feedback is what most intelligent companies do. My wife's fsmily owns a marketing firm where companies will send products and people test and give feedback. Car makers should do this and could use top gear guys or other intelligent car people.

They have shown this IDx concept and GTR but the Z is some mystical unicorn?

Last edited by Volk Z; 10-03-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote