View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #5555 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
I take issue with this:

Because it wouldn't take any effort at all to work with the city to make the event safe(r) for both the town and the event but the organizer can't be bothered. Also let's not be coy here, the car enthusiasts are there for H2Oi which has become something bigger than what it was when it was initially conceived. Both the organizers and the city know that.

Im not really sure how they could work to make it safer. Everyone keeps saying that but never has any solutions or ideas. Almost no one goes for H2O, im being serious when I say its just enthusiasts showing up for a weekend. Its just a weekend known to have alot of other enthusiasts there so even more come. The 3-4 VWs that I went down with didnt even go to the show. Its overpriced and over run by APR.

As for being a hypocrite, I've been on exactly one of those "cruises" and really was not aware of what I was getting into when I showed up. Also should point out that the cruise took place on deserted mountain back roads, not a crowded 3 lane highway.
Im not blaming you and you are also not the only one who has said something to me about this. Deserted roads are the worst because none of those people that live out there will be expecting cars doubling or tripling the speed limit. Not to mention most of us here are not professional drivers and accidents can and will happen. Sometimes the greatest danger to you is...you.(Not saying you specifically mark haha) There could be kids crossing streets or running out of driveways or cars doing the same and they wouldnt be exopecting that. At H2O YOU KNOW what is going on and what is to be expected. Also Coastal Highway was high traffic and there was no way to get above 60-70. Drag racing really wasnt a thing there during the 8am-2am peak hours...maybe late in the morning when the roads cleared.
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote