View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #5548 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
No, this is wrong. Anything deemed "unsafe" will get your car impounded. The definition of "unsafe" is pretty vague so I suppose it would depend on who pulled you over.
I Can't Stop Staring At This Instagram Of Cops Pulling Over Stanced Cars

A modified exhaust is not unsafe. I literally spoke to police about what they are focusing and it was all extremely low/extreme camber

Nah, there's some demonizing going on but mostly it is what it is. I don't see any wild accusations flying around. It is what it is. A bunch of import enthusiasts (mostly kids) get together over a weekend and look at cars. Some of them do stupid unsafe **** and the police ticket (and sometimes impound) thousands of vehicles.

Except that MD, DC and VA (along with Delaware) share points etc so that doesn't really work out for many people who post here.

That sucks

See the link above. Many, many people got tickets for exhaust noise/modification, exposed intercoolers, ride height, and a bevy of other stupid crap including that "poor" F40.

The link you posted showed a stock F40 and a car with a missing front bumper. Have a properly modified vehicle and you most likely wont get hit. My BMW has a viewable intercooler stock and I didnt get pulled over.

Of course they won't but the city won't stop targeting the event until the organizers change their tune and maybe work with the city instead of the "lol F you" approach.

Why should it be their problem? H2O owners cannot help that a bunch of other car enthuisasts stay in a town somewhat near the show. They send out a message on social medias and website promoting safe behavior and to be respectful but you cannot control a persons actions. Most of these people dont even go to the show they just show up for a weekend in OCMD.
I see why you guys think a ticket budget is dumb but alot of people go down there to let off steam and have one last big hoorah. For the points exempt people they know they can act a fool/show off a bit more because its just money...Id rather plan accordingly incase some cop does deside to be a jerk and pull you over for say...not wearing a seat belt and add on too low, too loud, no front plate, you scraped back there...etc.

I dont really condone all of this reckless behavior but there are a lot of hypocrites in here. Ive seen how some members of MAZOC would drive during these "Cruises" and its about the same as what you see at this event except people know what will be happening during H2O.

Last edited by MyKindaGuise; 10-03-2014 at 07:42 AM.
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote