View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #200 (permalink)
watson853
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Blue T/S 7AT
watson853 is a glorious beacon of lightwatson853 is a glorious beacon of lightwatson853 is a glorious beacon of lightwatson853 is a glorious beacon of lightwatson853 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I think people are stretching this Benz engine issue kind of thin. There are other ways of getting the Benz engine design other than outsourcing it from Benz. Nissan can do what Hyundai did with the 2.0 engine of the genesis coupe. Follow the schematic if the original engine. In Hyundai's case it was a Mitsubishi Lancer engine. Hyundai's failure was using sub-standard components to lower costs on the build. I would hope & highly doubt Nissan would go cheap like Hyundai.
Also, people think the marriage between Nissan and Benz was needed by Nissan. It was actually Benz that needed help on two fronts. Suspension & transmission tuning on non AMG vehicles. And the BENZ 3.0tt is a brand new engine that performs and resembles very closely to every VQ/HR that's been produced over the last 8 years. It just seems like the BENZ motor is a lower displacement version of the VQ with in-house turbos added. Doesn't seem complex at all for Nissan to use there plant to build a Nissan engine off of a Benz schematic. In fact. I think it's perfectly doable.

Lets theoretically say Nissan gave up secrets of the VQ to Mercedes so they can design that new 3.0tt. In exchange, Mercedes gives up the schematic on the final TT version to Nissan.
Mercedes promises to use detuned versions of the 3.0tt and it's dloable because the proprietary 4.0 bi turbo is the performance engine.

Then Nissan promises to ONLY use the tuned up version of the 3.0tt in the Z (maybe maxima?) and Q series. Since Benz HO engines are 4.0 turbo v8s and Nissans tuned engine is a high compression, high revving 3.0TT v6, No one steps on each other's toes and they reap the benefits.

Very well said. I hope your right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
watson853 is offline   Reply With Quote