View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
VinceThe1
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z34 SR 6MT T/S/N
VinceThe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotta View Post
I prefer the bubble look (aka performance car look) as well but do you notice any squirm when taking high speed corners with the added sidewall buldge?

You should add your info in the first post to the "meaty tires" thread.
I don't notice anything significant, there is a feel of floaty-ness sometimes when cornering under braking but I think that that's mainly because my front 285s used to be my rears, and they are almost bald on the inside from camber wear. I decided to put them in the front because that way I can get the fat tire setup I wanted and use up the non-worn side of the tire to get quite a bit more life out of them since the front tires don't get any camber wear. This however causes a strange feel when braking, since the tires are barely touching on the inside. I'm sure that as they wear more on the outside, this will dissipate.

Some cars come with 285s on 9.5" wheels from the factory (in the rear however), like the 1993-1996 Corvette, so I'm sure that 285 is a safe and suitable size for a 9.5" wheel. I am overall really happy with my tire setup, it feels awesome and the ride is so much smoother on the highway and in city. I've seen atleast one member with 285s on stock front Nismos that track it, I'm sure it'll be fine overall, I sure recommend it lol. The 325s on the rear 10.5s feel and look awesome too.

I did post a link to this thread in the meaty tire thread
VinceThe1 is offline   Reply With Quote