View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #115 (permalink)
zakimak
6/2/80 - 9/29/14 - RIP Lukas

Drives: ZR; Q45; VTR1K, GT65
zakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond reputezakimak has a reputation beyond repute

I have never gone through or live with or experience cancer with anyone before.
This is my first and hope is the last as it was very painful for me to witness.
I like to share with everyone my first personal experience: Cancer Sucks! I never gave up on hope when doctors said there's no cure, I never gave up on my husband I fight with him through the difficult journey as a team. He suffer, I suffer. He's in pain, I'm in pain, He cry, I cry but he's never alone. We do it together.

MY EXPERIENCE … LOVE LAUGH LIVE WITH CANCER
News of a cancer diagnosis is never easy to process. Hearing that your husband has been diagnosed can result in emotions ranging from anger and sadness to fear and guilt. Throughout the treatment and recovery process that follows, the emotional roller coaster will likely continue.
I watched my husband endure the pain associated with cancer; he experienced excruciating pain but never complained. I knew he was hurting. Whenever I entered his room he always had a smile for me. I love being there with him, and he love having me there to make him laugh.
Being there to love and laugh with him are moments that I will always cherish.
I knew that I had to be courageous, strong, determined, beautiful, and most important of all, positive and the silly o me.
I’ve learned to accept the fact that there will be good days and bad days, be hopeful and optimistic. Knowing that it’s also okay to feel sadness and fear about the illness and its impact on life-changing.
I’ve learned by balancing those natural emotions with a positive outlook I/we can help create a more harmonious family life during this difficult time.
I take in the beauty of everyday through small gestures like the children’s smiles, laughers, room full of bright beautiful flowers, cards, or a walk in the park.
I’ve learned that cancer affects all of us, whether you’re a wife, husband, daughter, son, mother, father, sister, brother, friend, family, stranger, colleague, doctor, caregiver or patient, positive attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference and the human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.

What I say to others I’ve met during my 6 weeks hospital sleepover/visitations on the 5th floor:
More people live with cancer than die with cancer. You have a long road ahead of you but all you need to do is just get up each morning and keep on fighting. You will make amazing new friends and discover that you are stronger than you ever believed possible.
His father may have passed on his cancer genes to him. I believe he passed on an inner strength and determination to look cancer in the face and fight back.
He passed on a desire to love, to laugh, to live even in the midst of cancer.

Free Stuff for Premium Members - Yeah Really

Last edited by zakimak; 10-02-2014 at 05:18 PM.
zakimak is offline   Reply With Quote