View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #5534 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
I keep telling people not to go down there in the off-season. It's a money making racket for the city. They will impound your car if you have a modified exhaust, camber and hold your car hostage until you pay up. It's really stupid.

I'm pretty sure the initial backlash from the city was due to idiots doing burnouts and drag racing down costal highway etc but now it's just free money and the idiots just keep on coming.

I don't feel like getting caught in the crossfire.

That said, I've been down there in the summer and haven't had any issues.
Let me clear some things up.

They do not impound your car for anything other than unsafe camber...meaning if all tread is not in contact with the road or if its more than -3.5 degrees.

The media/internet is making this out to be a horrible event. I spoke with a few different police officers and they all really seem to enjoy the event. The same was told to alot of friends who inquired with different officers as well. They get to see alot of crazy cars and it makes for good training. The crowds are easy going and accepting of the consequences from breaking certain laws. Everyone knows the deal down there. Cops know what we will do and we know what they will do and no one really gives anyone a hard time. Everyone seems to pull over asap and are ready to take their ticket. Almost everyone plans a ticket budget as well. Its really no big deal to have a few out of state tickets.

They really only go after the stance crowd to be honest. Plenty of cars louder than my Z there that had no issue.

I honestly had a great time doing burnouts and drifting U turns and rolling with a fun and energetic crowd. There wasnt one car I couldnt pull up to in traffic and hold a conversation with the driver and his passengers. And the amount of locals that came out and sat in lawn chairs along the streets to watch the cars go by was shocking. A lot of elderly people were out and about.

The town will probably never put a stop to this event. Hotels couldve sold out twice over...the police make a 2 month quota in 2 days. Money talks.
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote