Thread: reducing drone
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Some interesting stuff here. For those still pondering which exhaust, let me say this, FIs exhaust IMO sounds the best overall and I love it 90% of the time. The 10% I dont like is the 2K drone and it may be worse for me due to being an AT, even Tony says its worse on an AT. Looks is a 10/10, love the look, better than any other so far. Performance is there, I usedmy Gtech prior to the exhaust and did a 0 60 in 5.1 secs. That took me about 6-8 tries to get that. Went out the other day and the roads were still damp and had debre on them from days of rain and in the 2 tries I did I got a 5.2 secs in "D" mode, which before I was getting 5.4 secs. And a 5.1 in paddle mode but I couldnt get a good grip due to road conditions. Even before in paddle mode I was getting 5.2s and even a 5.3, now I easlily got the 5.1. When the temp is around 70 degrees I will go back out and hope the road debre isnt as bad either and do a bunch of runs. I think I shaved .2 secs of my 0 60 time with this exhaust.

Now as an older guy who travels to my daugthers college alot to visit and the wife is with me, and having an AT that loves to put the rpms at 2K I would love to find a reasonable fix to this just for those times. I wouldnt mind an extra 2-4 pounds on the exhaust for some side resonators to help this.

Tony I still think you have a super product and I would still get it over the others again but maybe an option of side resonators for those that might want would be a nice touch.

Just my 2 cents.