View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
victorofhavoc
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z
victorofhavoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I played with using map switching in the UpRev for a 2-step, and it didnt work out... but I need to double check my settings.

What I did was copy over my map to the second position, then just pull a bunch of timing out and set a rev limiter at 4500 to start. Then I would go to that map, and do the sequence to switch back to the first map, only keep holding the button down because it doesnt make the change until you let the button up.

While sitting there holding it, i would also build some boost and it seemed to work well, cept when I performed the launch, as soon as I got up to somewhere around 60mph, the car hit a momentary speed limiter... and i had to let off then get back on it to get past it.

Was confusing me... but thinking back i believe i put that speed limiter there in the 2nd map pretending it was liek a valet mode, and perhaps for some reason the speed limiter takes a few seconds to switch? wierd either way... thus i didnt make any attempts with it at the track.

BTW I am not against RaceLogic, I have used it in other cars and like it a lot. I was just arguing about needing it for the no-lift shifting stuff.
the way it worked on my car was through an ecu mod for the actual code level. While below 10km/h and clutch in the rev limit was 4500 rpm. while above 10km/h and clutch in the rev limit was 5500 rpm...clutch out there was obviously no limit. Not sure if you can set up something like that...

If you want to PM me, I might be able to look at it code level and figure out what might work on this ecu compared to my old ecu. Coding is still coding, and that's partly my profession. Who knows, could find a whole new way of doing things...