View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #52 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

What is important, i believe (im not a transmission expert) in the quick-shift is that power is momentarily cut. For me, that is happening when I hit the factory rev limiter. I dont try to hit the limiter before I begin the shift, but when I push the clutch in the engine flys to the limiter because I am still at full throttle, hits the limiter, and this factory cut is my moment to perform the shift and drop the clutch.

my slower shifts, if you watch the vids, you can tell what happened was that I accidentally hit the limiter before initiating the shift, screwing up my whole timing.

I would suspect, tell me if I am wrong, that the reason you felt the difference with your no-lift shift module is possibly because you were not no-lift shifting until you had the module. Am I right? Because trying to shift at that engine speed without being on the down-slope of a cut, it doesnt really want to shift fast and it will grind if i release the clutch too soon in the process. What I am basically saying is, I feel like my transmission lets me shift it faster if i bang the rev limiter, than it will if I try and slam a gear hard without hitting the limiter... and I dont think it would let me into the next gear as quickly if I didnt keep the throttle down so that I tap the limiter.

Perhaps its time for me to study my transmission a little bit more.

Last edited by phunk; 09-30-2014 at 02:56 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote