View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBro16 View Post
I think Detroit has gotten so bad to the point where Cadillac is far more concerned with remaking its image to appear as though it belongs right alongside BMW and Audi. Right now, as it sits, the total package of the brand doesn't have the luxury/premium feel that BMW and Audi do. They need something to up the mystique.

DeNysschen thinks that location of the HQ and a revamped pricing strategy will do it. I agree to an extent, but I think other pieces to the puzzle should be in place before those two things do, the biggest of which being Quality Control and product portfolio. The brand is struggling with its identity right now.

Also, CADILLAC wants to price their cars equal to BMW because of their newfound comparable quality. The way I see it is, we pay s $7,500 premium on German imports just because of the shipping costs.

So why should we pay an equal price for comparable quality on a domestic product?

If a loaded BMW 328i M sport is $52,000
An ATS 2.0 performance should be $44,500. Not $52k as well.

I can only slightly disagree with the premium feel issue. I think BMW has become lax in interior quality/design. Caddys only issue is the my link or whatever is called in caddy. And not a fan of full electonic steering. But in 2013. The ATS was superior to the 2013 BMW imho. 2014, seems like bimmer responded to ATS well, but I think caddy will keep responding. But I still agree that caddy needs to focus on other angles of the biz n everything else you wrote.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 09-30-2014 at 02:37 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote