View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
victorofhavoc
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z
victorofhavoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Nah I have never seen you drive, I am just debating the purpose of even having a no-lift limiter unless its purpose is to ignition cut or retard and burn fuel in the exhaust for a couple pops of turbo spooling inbetween shifts... but I dont know that any of us are running enough turbo to need that.
Realistically what it's supposed to do is keep you from hitting the rev limiter between shifts. Maybe I'm misunderstanding that you're misunderstanding but, with it present when you push in the clutch the engine rev drop down to 5500 or 5600 almost immediately to keep the turbos spooling at optimum boost levels for the next gear (you want your revs to match where your torque is high and your next gear engages)

if you're at the rev limiter you're past peak torque for sure and most likely already out of the turbo's efficiency range.

I had this system set up on my wrx and you can feel each gear just pulling you harder...and harder...and harder