View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorofhavoc View Post
? ...I meant limit rpm to say 5500 or 5600 while you have your foot on the gas and the clutch at the same time so that you're not dropping into the next geat at 7k rpm and having to shock your driveline much harder.

Hey if no one around here has destroyed a tooth just dropping clutch close to redline, then I stand corrected lol. I come from a world of subarus and porsches...i've seen too many teeth stuck to the magnet on the drain bolt to even attempt this in the Z haha.

If these cars are this durable i think it's time i just get a heavier clutch and start ripping those launches at 5k
I know what you meant, and I am saying it doesnt make a difference (in my head, at least). If you are no-lift shifting the car, are you going to push in the clutch and then sit there and wait for the engine speed to come all the way down to 5500? I'm not... defeats the entire purpose of no-lift shifting.

Unless you are granny shifting like that, engine speed probably would never have a chance to fall below 7000 before the clutch is reapplied and the engine is braked down for the next gear speed.

Sure anything can break, but all that you realistically need to worry about is the axles and differential mounts. Replace the diff mounts before the rear one busts open, and preload your axles before launching and you probably wont be unlucky.

Last edited by phunk; 09-30-2014 at 01:38 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote