View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
victorofhavoc
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z
victorofhavoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
61,000 miles on my transmission. I first no-lift shifted it about 20 minutes away from the dealer when I bought it. The stock 2 piece sprung flywheel isn't a big fan of it (makes a clunk when it bottoms out), otherwise you're fine if you know how to do it.

Limit the RPM when the clutch is down? If you take so long to shift that your rpm even has a chance to fall, why are you no-lift shifting anyway?
? ...I meant limit rpm to say 5500 or 5600 while you have your foot on the gas and the clutch at the same time so that you're not dropping into the next geat at 7k rpm and having to shock your driveline much harder.

Hey if no one around here has destroyed a tooth just dropping clutch close to redline, then I stand corrected lol. I come from a world of subarus and porsches...i've seen too many teeth stuck to the magnet on the drain bolt to even attempt this in the Z haha.

If these cars are this durable i think it's time i just get a heavier clutch and start ripping those launches at 5k