View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesj1996 View Post
Ok now what about my comment about the incomplete for the catalyst and stuff..is that just my own driving cycle or the SRT that the dealer has to complete for me
What do you mean "incomplete"? What does SRT stand for in this context?

Does that mean you have not yet had the cat and related O2's checked for functionality?

I think new cars don't require smog testing the first year or two, at least in some states, so if you have a fairly new car the emissions may have not been tested yet...?

Anyway, in summary:

1. Every state is a bit different, so what passes or fails in one may or may not pass or fail in another.

2. If the HFC's you have on give acceptable emission gas readings from tail pipe test, you should pass the smog test (although technically, changing the cats AT ALL is not really federally legal... but if you pass a visual check, you are fine and don't need to worry.)

3. If the 2ndary (i.e., post cat) O2's are ON and ready, it should pass the OBDII check; having uprev on the ECU should not matter (or even be detected).